Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Carson is 2!

The days are long (and hard), but the years are short (and wonderful)! It doesn't seem like it has been two years since our lives were miraculously impacted. So many wonderful, God things have happened since March 22nd, 2013 when I boldly prayed and believed that God could make me a mom in 24-hours. Our lives have been radically blessed and overflowing with favor since March 24, 2013 when we first held our precious surprise from God. I look back at the first few pictures we had taken at the hospital and I'm at a loss for words of God's amazing love for Luke, Carson and myself.
God loved Carson so much and his heart cared so much for him, that God immediately made him a son to two parents who had been waiting and longing for their promised child. I remember looking at this little face for the first time just in awe of God's creation! Carson was knit together so perfectly in his mother's womb. He has always been known by God. All of his days were set before him and on that day, I got to say yes to living out these days with him until I leave this earth. 

Today he turns two. Our son is strong-willed, confident, a problem solver, curious, observant, charming, witty, detail oriented, makes his presence known, bold, courageous, intelligent and so much more. He knows how to use what God has given him, for making choices that are both good and not so good. I believe and know that the battles of today will be what makes him victorious in his future! He will be strong and confident in the Lord, creatively looking for ways to meet the needs of others. He will use his charm and leadership to build relationships with others that will bring them closer to Jesus. He has changed our world! I will always believe anything is possible with God. I stand firm with greater faith that God is who he says he is, he can do what he says he can do and will do! 
Carson was created by God, chosen by God, given by God and will change the world for God!