Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spring forward...

It's been months since my last post and let me start off by saying, we are doing well. We have some updates on our life.

In January, I returned to work/my class. The first 3 weeks were great; such an easy return but progressively I worked my self to a state of being burnt out. I have now learned a healthy balance and pace that has kept me going until the end. I can't believe I'm less than two weeks away from finishing my first year of teaching. A recent blessing for us is that I've recieved a contract for next year and will continue teaching 1st grade and will be moving to a different elementary. I'm excited about the move but anxious to get started. I'm also waiting on an answer as to whether or not I will be teaching summer school.

As for Luke, he continues to be successful in all that he does with his students and the Special Education program at the high school, as well as Special Olympics program. They just finished their Spring sports and did incredible well, they came home with many medals and ribbons. Recently an opprotunity for Special Services Director has opened and my give-it-all-you've-got husband has put his name in the pot for the job. We are praying for favor and open doors for him in this position, but if not, he will continue to coach football in the fall.

Besides the few things mentioned above, our lives remain the same. We continue to wait on the Lord for answers on what to do about adding to our family. We are scheduled to meet with Dr. Cheng from U.W. on June 28th. Dr. Cheng is the doctor who gave us a synopsis of what was going on with the twins and what to expect. Her information was pretty accurate and we respected and liked our experience with her. We are hoping for some information, but so far most answers we've recieved are similiar to what we heard after Madi, the cause is unknown and there is nothing that says it will or will not happen again. We are hoping for more information from Dr. Cheng. As we know more, we will definately share what they tell us.

We hope all is well in your life and we want to thank you for your support and prayers for us. The Lord has blessed us tremendously. He continues to be pouring into us as we seek him and the strength he gives is what springs us forward and with hope.