Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our appointment results

After a few months of waiting, on June 28th we finallly had our appointment at UW Medicine with Dr. Edith Cheng. As I predicted, we didn't really recieve any more answers, however we have a plan for next time, which is also what I had expected to hear. Once we become pregnant again, I will begin Heprin/Lovonox injections into my stomach beginning at 8 weeks. I will be seeing both an OB-GYN in Yakima, as well as seeing Dr. Cheng monthly. She doesn't anticipate immediate bedrest and I'd appreciate prayer that bedrest can be avoided until 3rd Trimester, or even better...not at all.

She told us we could begin trying again after my cycle in July, but due to, what I think is a wise decision, we are waiting until November for two reasons. First, I think its important for us to wait a full year and second, we have disability insurance that kicks in November 1, meaning we can't get pregnant for then. With all that being said, at the earliest, we will begin trying in November.