Wednesday, September 30, 2009

high, low, high timeline

A lot has been happening in our lives, and I have broken them into two categories. I thought I would do a high, low, high to bring everyone up to speed.

Pregnancy
high: its twins
low: double the high risk
high: double blessed
low: I began having miscarriage like symptoms (cramping and bleeding at 12 weeks)
high: everything's okay (says the Doctor)
low: the bleeding continue's into week 13 and I am asked to rest at home but not come in to see the Doctor; frustrating!
high: I became a new patient of Dr. Nevil and I'm seen for the bleeding.
low: unsure why I am bleeding
high: but the babies are okay, strong heartbeats (153 and 180)
low: the bleeding is light, off-on-off, during week 14. On Wednesday, September 23 I have back pain during lunch and in the afternoon. I figured my body is making room for the babies. At 4pm, I find that I am wrong and I need to go to the hospital because the bleeding has returned and is heavy. I am immediately seen and the bleeding is non-stop and equivalent to after I delivered Madi. I begin to panic and prepare for the worst.
high: the ultrasound shows cardiac movement in both babies. Praise God!
low: bleeding source is still unknown and I am sent home.
high: my parents come over to take care of me and, as my Grandma put it, my "bull-dog" of my Mom was now with me to ask questions and get answers.
low: Dr. Nevil isn't in for a week, but the nurse practioner Trish (love her) and Dr. Johns see me and diagnose me with placenta previa (my placenta is extremely low and on my cervix), and I am on bedrest til Dr. Nevil returns.
high: I was able to see Dr. Nevil a day sooner, I saw him today (Sept. 30). He believes that there are 2 placenta's which doesn't put me at a greater risk. One looks to be in the correct position, the other is covering my cervix, but it can move to where it belongs.
low: he forgot that we had met before (understandable) and thought I was only 13 weeks pregnant (I quickly reminded him that I was almost 16 weeks). He has prescribed another 4 weeks of bed-rest and at that time he will determine if I should be on longer or if I can return to life outside of bed-rest.
high: the babies are still alive, I can feel movement, I have the opprotunity to rest, my parents blessed us with groceries and preparing food to make it easier for Luke and I.
13 weeks---------->
low: bedrest is kind of boring, I miss being able to get up and do whatever/whenever, feel laziness kicking in, I am worrying about my class, job and our finances.
high: God is blessing me with bedrest as a chance to actually have these babies, and even though its hard not to worry about everything that's outside of my house and my out of my control, I am able to spend time with God and he is showing me through his word that he will take care of us.
Work
high: I got an Elementary Self-contained teaching job
low: they broke the news to me sooner than they were suppose to, so I had to wait a week to find out if I actually had the job or not.
high: I got the 2nd opening for an Elementary Self-contained job
low: I found out for sure the day before school started, which limited my planning time.
high: the other teacher hired had experience, so I got to observe until I was ready to do it on my own.
low: it was suggested that I take the 1st grade position that opened up, and again I would have one day to prepare.
high: it was the best decision I made!
low: I took student teaching for granted, I don't think I realized how much my cooperating teacher had done to make my students ready for learning.
high: after a few weeks, things were finally falling into place.
low: I can't be there to continue the work that I was doing and I have concerns that bedrest could be hurting my chances for a job next year, and could hurt us financially.
high: I just got my first paycheck, and if we can be diligent in our spending, toss the extra into savings, and trust in God...we will be okay.