Thursday, October 1, 2009

God is in control

Job 11:13-19 says “Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him, 14if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, 15then you will lift up your face without shame; you will stand firm and without fear. 16You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. 17Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. 18You will be secure, because there is hope;you will look about you and take your rest in safety. 19You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor."

These verses (11-17) talk about turning my heart to God (especially in this time), lifting my hands (either in praise or surrender), and then holding my head high in confidence, without fear and stand firm trusting God will take care of everything. With this attitude and perspective, days will be brighter and what seemed like troubles will no longer be a concern.

The next couple verses (18-19) speak to my pregnancy. With this attitude I will be secure because there is hope for these babies. I will look at myself, counting my blessings, and rest knowing that this time on bed-rest is safety for these babies and I will lie down and not be afraid of loosing them.

The end of the last verse (19) says "and many will court your favor." I think that this implies that others will look at my time on bed-rest and seek what I had during this time. Not only my outcome, but my attitude and deeper relationship with Christ. They will see that only God made this possible and his hand was over the situation and that he held us the entire time, and because of this, he will have blessed us with two beautiful babies.